How do I add and verify an email domain on Workplace?
This article is only applicable to admins of Workplace Essential and Workplace Advanced.
You can add and verify an email domain by accessing your Admin Panel.
To add an email domain:
- Click Admin Panel.
- Click Settings.
- Select the Email Domains tab.
- Under Allow List or Verify a Domain, enter the domain name and select Add Domain.
Note: If you get an error saying your domain is already taken, this could mean that your suggested domain is already being used by another company, or that you're trying to add a public domain. If you believe this is a mistake and can prove ownership of the domain, please contact our support team for help.
To verify an email domain, you can use 1 of 3 methods that will appear once you have clicked Verify next to your email domain name.
- Click Send Email.
- Select the email address you’d like to receive a confirmation email.
- Select the administrative email address where the verification code will be sent to, ex: admin@ administrator@ postmaster@ webmaster@ hostmaster@.
- Follow the instructions in the email.
Using HTML File Upload:
- Select Upload HTML File.
- Select Upload HTML File to upload an HTML file to your website. To do this, you need admin access to your website's root folder. This will verify your domain immediately.
Adding DNS TXT Record:
- Click Update DNS Record.
- To do this you must be able to sign in to your domain name provider. This may take up to 72 hours.
Keep in mind that the specific steps for each service may vary. If you need additional help, please contact your domain host's support team or refer to their documentation.
Note: If you're having trouble using any of these methods, please contact our support team for further assistance. If you don't have access to your website or DNS host, please contact your company's IT department.